With so many diets and procedures promising fat loss, it can be hard to decide what is right for you. I love to stay up to date on the latest technology, and one interesting option is Contour Light Therapy.
Contour Light Therapy is a non-invasive, painless, and safe fat-burning technology. Instead of damaging fat cells, it drains the cells from fat so the body naturally and safely eliminates them through the lymphatic system.
Everyone’s body is different so it goes without saying that Contour Light Therapy offers varying results. Sessions and procedures will also vary according to how your consultation went at your local treatment center.
In this article, I’ll be discussing everything about Contour Light Therapy, how the procedure goes, and what to keep in mind for the duration of the entire program.
What is Contour Light Therapy?
Contour Light Therapy is a Red Light Therapy developed as a supplementary treatment to traditional liposuction. Today, it stands at its own sought-after fat-burning technology.
Contour Light Therapy is a fat-burning technology that effectively helps patients get rid of stubborn fat in several problem areas. The procedure naturally and safely slims, shapes, and tones down any area of the body resistant to diet and exercise.
Unlike other quick fat-burning fixes, this is completely painless and non-invasive. This doesn’t require patients to lie down on a hospital bed and risk themself by agreeing to be cut open.
Contour Light Therapy promotes and encourages the body’s natural healing response. At the same time, it gets rid of stubborn fat in problem areas, resulting in a slimmer, toned appearance.
How it Works
Contour Light Therapy is 635 nm (nanometers) Red Light Therapy. Contour light incorporates both mid-600nm and infrared light therapy wavelengths. These wavelengths have long been used in a variety of settings to aid in the body’s natural healing response.
It’s part of the current sought-after advancement line in light-emitting diode (LED) technology and is popular in the growing light therapy marketplace.
Typically, there are four large pads used in the sessions. The convenient design and size of the pads allow them to cover larger areas of the human body, allowing the mid-600nm and infrared light energy to target more than one problem area at a time.
The pads are soft and flexible, allowing them to follow the body’s unique and natural contours. They are able to cover the abdomen, front, and back of a patient. And in the same single session, the thighs, arms, neck, chest, and face can all be targeted.
The pads have a reflective surface. So instead of the light bouncing away from the skin, the reflective surface of the pads redirects light energy back to the body, doubling its effects.
From the pads alone, you can rest assured you’re not wasting your time in a single 30-minute session, which is the typical duration of the procedure.
This is how exactly the Contour Light Therapy works:
- First, the extra large pads are placed on the body as closely as possible while the patient lies down on a bed.
- During the procedure, the light wavelengths open up the body’s fat cells, allowing said fat to exit the cells promptly. The fat exits because the light liquefies it.
- After the 30-minute procedure follows a 10-minute whole-body vibration exercise.
- The body safely gets rid of the fat that exits the cells through the lymphatic system, which is stimulated by the follow-up 10-minute vibration exercise. The liver and colon both work together to break the fatty cells down. In turn, it’s naturally and safely eliminated from the body.
- The entire process speeds up the body’s metabolism and aids in fat burning for better contouring results. The fat also shrinks during the process.
How Long Does One Session Last?
A single Contour Light session lasts for about 30 minutes, followed by a 10-minute vibration exercise – so a total of about 40 minutes per session.
Patients can use their phones or any electronic device during the session. Some catch up on books they want to read. Some even take a nap during the duration of the procedure.
How many do I need?
How many sessions you need would depend on what your personal goals are. A consultation with a professional at your local clinic should help you decide how many sessions you need to attain optimal results.
If you want to shave off under five pounds, at least six sessions should be enough. You’ll need at least 10 sessions if you want to lose more than the basic five pounds. And if your target is losing over 20 pounds, you’ll need about 20 sessions.
Again, this would change according to how your consultation goes.
Contour Light sessions are typically done two to three times a week. The timeframe of sessions can still change according to what your technician suggests.
How Long Do Results Last?
Contour Light Therapy results can be long-term and permanent, even – given that the right diet and exercise regimen is followed with discipline. None of it has to be stressful and strict, you just need to help the procedure help yourself lose the stubborn excess fat and weight.
Remember, Contour Light doesn’t destroy fat cells like other methods. It simply empties out the fat content. There is still a chance to restore the fat if you don’t help yourself.
Some reports see noticeable results after just two to three sessions. Use the results to motivate and discipline yourself to achieve your personal goals.
Where is the Light Energy From Contour Light System Used?
Contour Light Therapy is effective for anyone dealing with stubborn fat that doesn’t budge even with an intensive diet and exercise.
It can be used on any part of your body:
- Love handles and muffin tops,
- Flabby and saggy fore and upper arms,
- Thighs and legs,
- Double chin,
- Face, and more.
Is It Painful?
Contour Light Therapy is completely safe and not at all painful. The light emitting from the device doesn’t get hot and will not burn the skin.
Contour Light Therapy, among other LED-based devices, uses low-level light technology so there’s no major heat output.
You might experience some tingling or warming sensation at some point during the procedure but it’s in no way uncomfortable or painful.
Are there side effects?
There are no known side effects. Patients have been enjoying the results without any major side effects.
Contour Light Therapy Recovery and Downtime
Contour Light Therapy doesn’t put you in a tight spot with recovery and downtime. There is no redness, bruising, or swelling after sessions.
Advantages of Contour Light Therapy
- It’s a non-invasive, painless procedure.
- It helps the body naturally and safely contour, shape, and tone.
- It effectively targets problem areas resistant to diet and exercise.
- It can be used by all ideal candidates on any part of their body
- Sessions are fast, quick, and easy.
- Unlike other fat-burning treatments, this doesn’t destroy fat cells. Instead, it drains cells of fat and stimulates the cells to let the body naturally respond.
- There are no risks, side effects, downtime, and recovery time.
- There is no bruising, swelling, or redness.
- One 30-minute treatment session is equal to seven 30-minute cardio workouts!
Drawbacks of Contour Light Therapy
There really aren’t real drawbacks to the procedure except that it doesn’t work the same way for everyone and results may vary per person.
Also, not everyone is an ideal candidate, that’s why a consultation at your local clinic or treatment center should be done first.
Who are the Ideal Candidates?
Everyone is an ideal candidate but each body is different. If you want to do this, go ahead with a consultation first.
Who are Not Ideal Candidates?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- HIV/AIDs patients
- Hepatitis C/D patients
- Active cancer patients
- Patients with pacemaker
- Patients with uncontrolled high blood pressure
If you fit in any category listed above, consult with your doctor and with the professional at your local treatment clinic on what alternatives you have.
What to Keep in Mind During the Program and on Treatment Days
- During treatment day, wear loose-fitting and comfortable clothes. This allows the light from the pads to directly contact your skin,
- Follow up and keep your regular appointments for the best results.
- For the entire duration of the program, make sure you’re well-hydrated. Drink eight to ten glasses of water every day.
- Avoid heavy meals two hours before and after the treatment. Light snacks are okay.
- Limit your caffeine intake on the day of treatment to keep yourself well-hydrated.
- Three to four hours following the treatment, do at least 12 minutes of interval exercise.
- For the duration of the entire program, avoid any alcohol intake.
Stubborn fat in problem areas can be annoying and can take a toll on some people’s confidence. When a strict diet and religious exercise don’t do the job, it’s time to look at alternative ways to achieve your body goals.
Contour Light Therapy is a fat-burning technology that naturally and safely gets rid of stubborn fat in several problem areas. It’s a safe, non-invasive, and totally painless procedure that has been gaining popularity across the country over the years.
And that has been my detailed guide on Contour Light Therapy! Should you have any questions, hit me up right below!